The privacy of your personal information is very important to us. In order for us to gain and maintain your continued patronage, Passionfruit Australia Incorporated (PAI) has created the following privacy statement.
Personal and company data of members and participants of the PAI plant Royalty scheme are collected by PAI as a means to manage its membership in accordance with the PAI constitution and to operate the PAI plant royalty scheme.
Data gathered from these sources is also used to asses the development of the passionfruit industry as a whole.
What we collect and hold
- Membership Contact data for Members and non members: address phone, fax, mobile and email information, area and varieties planted and changes in successive membership years.
- Company information, financial transaction data (membership payments and plant royalty payments, varieties ordered and numbers of vines as part of the PAI royalty scheme).
- Non-propagation agreements that have been signed by members and non-members purchasing PAI varieties.
What we do and do not do with the information we hold
- The data is held by the secretary and treasurer of the PAI and all data is considered confidential.
- The data is used to make assessments of the state of the industry from time to time as deemed necessary by the PAI executive Committee.
- Individual member and non- member data is never made available to a third party.
- Where a third party wishes to contact an PAI member we will endeavour to contact the PAI member first to pass on their contact information to you to enable contact to be made.
- We will contact members from time to time with information relevant to the running of the organisation such as questionnaires, invitations to meetings and to forward industry information and newsletters, for PAI special resolutions, for PAI Annual General Meetings, voting for executive members, dates and times for regional meetings.
In addition to the above which are necessary for the running of the company, PAI may disclose personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by Australian law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
PAI will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration and disclosure of your personal information. PAI reserve the right to modify and update this privacy notice from time to time and will post the current privacy notice on its website www.passionfruitaustralia.org.au
Any updated version will be considered the most current version and in agreement between PAI and its members. If you wish to discuss any aspect of this privacy notice or to modify your personal data kept with PAI at any time, please contact the PAI executive officer at the contact details available on the PAI website www.passionfruitaustralia.org.au/contact_us
By renewing your membership you agree to the privacy terms stated here and agree for your data to be used as described above.