You can use the Harvest Trail website service, a FREE service for employers seeking agriculture workers.
If you are an employer needing harvest workers you can either:
Phone the HLS provider in your area to discuss your labour needs
Phone the National Harvest Labour Information Service on 1800 062 332, Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm (AEST)
Complete a harvest labour request form and email it to the address on the form
Advertise harvest jobs directly on the jobactive website. You will need to login before creating a job advertisement.
Read more on the Help for harvest employers page.
HELP HARVEST NSW IS A WEBPORTAL DESIGNED TO CONNECT DISPLACED EMPLOYEES AND SEASONAL WORKERS WITH PRODUCERS AND GROWERS AROUND THE STATE WHO HAVE SEASONAL WORK AVAILABLE.
NSW farmers and producers have faced many challenges in recent times, including drought, flood and bushfires, and are now facing a critical staff shortage due to COVID-19 border restrictions.
Help Harvest NSW is a joint government initiative aimed at linking an available labour force with farm producers and agribusinesses across the state during the critical harvest season to address both the labour shortage, and to facilitate economic recovery in the wake of COVID-19.
The agriculture industry has a range of jobs on offer. Everything from fruit picking and grain harvesting, to working on a cattle property.
Help Harvest NSW brings together a range of information about seasonal work and how to find a job, as well as links to opportunities to upskill for a new career in the agribusiness sector.
The webportal is the main hub of this project, and the information will also be shared amongst multiple other government sites. An engagement campaign also begins today to encourage those workers displaced due to COVID-19 to consider agricultural and farm work.
Visit Help Harvest NSW for more information and to connect with farmers and producers across the state.
Using Labour Hire Services
Labour Hire Services must be licensed in certain states. To find a licensed provider follow these links:
To find a licensed provider – use the Qld Search Portal
As a result of recent compliance activity, the following providers are no longer permitted to provide labour hire services in Queensland:
- Sankalp Corporation Pty Ltd (ABN 79608566534) – licence suspended from 13 August 2020,
- P&P Land atf ASL Park Family Trust (ACN 617 315 027) – licence cancelled from 12 August 2020,
- DJ Berry Pty Ltd (ABN 79614636663) – application withdrawn for non-compliance with notice from 26 June 2020,
- Toorongtong Express Pty Ltd (ABN 35610809151) – licence cancelled from 25 June 2020.
We would again caution you to ensure that:
- you check the identity and bona fides of the person approaching you to provide labour – in particular that they are authorised to bind that labour hire provider in contract.
- by clicking on the licence number in the register, you can see the names of the persons who have been put forward as nominated and executive officers of that provider.
- if the person approaching you is not one of those persons, you should ask further questions.
- if you have any concerns at all, we would encourage you to call the helpline on 1300 576 088, or email through the website.